Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mark Your Calendars!



I’ve got a couple things for northeast Ohioans (or anyone who would like to visit the beautiful North Coast) to keep in mind:

This Sunday, September 18, is the Meet the Neighbors event at Cleveland’s historic Monroe Street Cemetery. This year’s neighbors are all people who were somehow involved in the Civil War. Walk the grounds of this beautiful cemetery and meet a neighborhood boy who joined the Confederate army, a local abolitionist, two cousins who were killed in battle, an army surgeon, and more. The neighbors will be portrayed by re-enactors who will tell their stories and help us learn some history along the way.

It’s always a great event, and this year’s is extra-special. My writing students at the Brecksville Center for the Arts wrote four of the scripts! I wrote the fifth script and along with them, I’ll be a special guest.

Tour start at 2 and the weatherman says Mother Nature is going to cooperate. For more information:

http://www.mscf1841.org/events.html


Mark your calendar, too, for the launch party for my newest mystery, "Button Holed." It will be on Thursday, October 6, from 5-8 at:


Something Different Gallery
1899 West 25th St.
Cleveland


If you can’t be there and would like a signed copy of "Button Holed" or any of the Pepper Martin books, give them a call: 216-696-5226

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I can't be at the cemetery, wish I could. I will definitely try to be at the book signing. I love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you on October 6, Roseanne. It is a fabulous shop, isn't it?

    PS--Just back from Monroe Street Cemetery. A perfect Sunday afternoon for poking around the cemetery, meeting some great people and learning some history, too!

    ReplyDelete